How do I clean the unit?
– Our Gas Braais have sectionalised top grids to make cleaning a breeze. The easiest way to clean the grids, is to soak them in hot water and dish-washing liquid or vinegar, as soon as possible after grilling – before the marinade hardens. The top grids are also dishwasher safe.
-The Rocks can be burnt clean. By removing the
top grids and setting all burners to 'high' for an extra few minutes, when the braai reaches high temperature, shifting/aggitating the rocks above the burners will burn off excess fat.
-The Drip tray can be lined with foil to catch all the drippings, and removed when necessary.
-The Body of the grill can be cleaned with Diswashing liquid or vinegar and warm water. Please do not use any corrosive oven cleaners on your unit.
What guarantee comes with the unit?
– We offer a 3-year guarantee on our Braais and a 2-year guarantee on our Fireplaces from date of purchase. Our guarantee applies to all the working parts of the unit as well as the Stainless Steel body against factory defects.
Do Chad-O-Chef Gas Braais come with Rock or Flame Tamers?
All Chad-O-Chef grills are supplied complete with Rock or Radiants (Flame Tamers). Our Braais are ready for a Licensed Gas Installers connection to the gas supply. Your Rock or Flame Tamers will only need replacing every 3-5 years and are available from our dealers nationwide. To prolong the life span of your rock, keep your grill on high for a few minutes after grilling. This will burn away excessive fat and marinade.
What size gas bottle is required?
– We recommend a 19kg or 48kg bottle but 9kg gas bottles are also acceptable for all burner models less than 9Kw.
Are Chad-O-Chef burners Stainless Steel?
– Yes, the burner body is fully stainless steel and is fueled through an aluminum die-cast venturi.
How long has Chad-O-Chef been in business?
– Since 1983 and still going strong.
What accessories are available?
– Stainless Steel Stir Fry Pans (available in 2 burner, 3 burner and 4 burner sizes)
– Rotisserie Domes (available in 3 burner, 4 burner, 5 burner and 6 burner sizes)
– A range of Tongs and Cleaning products are available at our outlet shop.
– For Fireplaces, one can choose between Ceramic option or FireGlass option to suit the decor in your home please see "Chad-O-Chef FireGlass now available" in our Blog
Are spares available?
– A full spares backup is available for all models at our outlet shop or through dealers nationwide. Please call us to find a dealer near you.
Do Chad-O-Chef gas braais produce alot of smoke?
– Yes, as much as any other braai once cooking commences. We manufacture Stainless Steel Extractor systems complete with extract motors for 'roofed-in' installations of our braai units. Contact us for more information.
Where can I buy an Igniter for my braai?
– We stock all Spares at our outlet shop. If your are based elsewhere in SA, we will help you find our closest available dealer to you.